What is the Bondora business model?
Bondora earns it revenue from financing and servicing consumer loans. To date, revenue is sourced from five services:
- Contract fees charged to borrowers once the principal amount of their loan is issued
- An annual management fee charged to borrowers throughout their loan repayment period
- B Secure – this is a service that offers borrower’s complete flexibility in managing their loan repayment schedules, in case they have a change in their personal financial circumstances
- Interest earned on unsold loan receivables
- Go & Grow withdrawal fees (€1 per withdrawal, no matter the account size)
Debt collection fees are also charged to borrowers where laws permit or are deducted from cash flow recovered from delinquent loans in the collection process. This essentially is not a revenue source for Bondora, but a way to cover the costs of recovery.